I’ve never written an acceptance speech before. Likely, that’s because I’ve never needed to. But I’ve watched enough television to know that I’m supposed to thank my family and friends, and maybe even cry a little bit if I feel so inclined.
All kidding aside, I actually am very excited about these awards. Recently, I was given two blog awards by Lindy over at Lindy Legends. Thank you so much Lindy! If you haven’t checked out her blog, you should. It’s always a fun read. As part of my acceptance of the Versatile Blogger Award, I’m supposed to share seven interesting things about myself, so here it goes:
- I firmly believe that every sweet baked good is better with sprinkles. I like them on my doughnuts, cookies, waffle cones, and cake. Although I honestly don’t think they taste very good, if you give me the choice between a doughnut with sprinkles and one without, I will always choose the more colorful of the two.
- I have almost 900 art markers in my closet right now.
- I used to own a genuine glow-in-the-dark hermit crab. I claim that he died from lack of sleep. I mean, would you sleep well with the light always on?
- I name my plants. Fred is a Norfolk Island Pine (I think).
- I own a chair used as a prop in the filming of Mission Impossible. I have never seen Mission Impossible.
- Multiple people have told me that I look like Helena Bonham Carter, better known as Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter. I am not especially flattered by this. I have also been compared to other mythological creatures, such as vampires and elves, on occasion.
- Someday, I hope to own a chocolate shop, a bakery, an art gallery, a toy store, a pet store, and a small country. Not necessarily in that order.
I also get to tag people that I feel deserve these awards. I know I’m supposed to tag 15 for the Versatile Blogger Award, and five for the Liebster, but I think I may just cheat a little bit.
I hereby tag this wonderful blog to receive both of these awards:
Congratulations Rachel! And thanks again to Lindy for the awards!